Fees & Eligibility
Athletes must be 18 or younger to join the team. They may be 19 if they have graduated high school in the spring immediately prior to the summer season.
Athletes should know at least 2 dives to join the team. The dive team is not necessarily intended to be used as lessons for first-time divers, but if you're not sure if your diver is ready then just give it a try for a week to see. They may even learn 2 dives within that week!
Swimmers under 10 years old must know at least 1 stroke and have the ability to swim across the pool without stopping. 11 years and older must know at least 2 of the competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly) and be able to dive into water and swim several laps without stopping.
Per league rules, the age group your athlete will be in is based on their age as of June 15.
Please remember that all team members must be members of the Gahanna Swimming Pool, which is owned and operated by the City of Gahanna. However, the City offers single member rates for those who do not wish to purchase a family membership. For pool membership information, please visit http://www.gahanna.gov/departments/parks/aquatics.
Team members do not need to be members of GCSTO to join the Sea Lions, but GCSTO spring/summer members are eligible for a discount off their Sea Lions team fees.
Registration fees can only be paid with a credit card through a transaction on this site. There will be a small transaction fee of less than 3%.
- $80 per child to join the Dive Team (regardless of age)
- $80 per child to join the Junior Swim Team (10 & Under)
- $90 per child to join the Senior Swim Team (11 & Over)
- $120 per child to join the Junior Swim Team AND Dive Team
- $130 per child to join the Senior Swim Team AND Dive Team
For families with 2 swimmers and/or divers in any combination, there is a $220 cap per family on registration fees.
For families with 3 or more swimmers and/or divers in any combination, there is a $270 cap per family on registration fees.
Special Exemptions and Discounts
- Those also enrolled as NEW spring swimmers for GCSTO (i.e., have not been a member of GCSTO for the last 2 years) are eligible for $20 off Sea Lions registration fees.
- Those also enrolled as full-time summer swimmers for GCSTO (Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) are eligible for 50% off Sea Lions registration fees.
- Those also enrolled as full-time Novice or Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 Multiple Daily Pass swimmers with GCSTO in the summer are eligible for 25% off Sea Lions registration fees.
- 15 & Over Gahanna Swimming Pool employees wishing to swim and/or dive with the Gahanna Sea Lions are exempt from registration fees and must only pay the appropriate Booster Club fees. There are no practice limitations for swimmers falling into this exemption category.
- 15 & Over USA Swimming or Y Swimming swimmers training with their club team in the summer who are Gahanna Swimming Pool members and who wish to swim and/or dive with the Gahanna Sea Lions are exempt from registration fees and must only pay the appropriate Booster Club fees. They may practice 1 day per week (preferably Wednesdays) with the Sea Lions under this arrangement.
Booster Club Fees
These fees are used to purchase concessions and for team events. This is a mandatory fee, and it is not calculated in the cap on registration fees.
- $20 for your first swimmer/diver, $16 for the second, $12 for any more swimmers/divers
More information about this conditional fee can be found on the Volunteer Requirement page. The volunteer fee ($50 for families with swimmers and $20 for families only with divers) is only assessed at the end of the season if a family has not met its minimum requirement.
As part of the registration process, families have the option of purchasing a team t-shirt for each athlete. We encourage all athletes to purchase the shirt, but it is not required.